Propellerads

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Do I Have ADHD?













Just something I've been thinking about for a while. 

How to Know if you have ADHD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx13a...

SciShow Psych
http://www.youtube.com/scishowpsych

I am very lucky to have found myself (and gotten myself) in a situation that is well suited to the quirks of my personality. But I still find myself sometimes unintentionally hurting people, annoying people, or letting people down even though I often know the exact mistake I am making. 

I'm not saying that means I have ADHD, I just want to continue to understand the mistakes I make, that I am prone to making them, and develop habits to stop myself. This channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nP... is full of tips I find useful, and there are a number of habits I've developed on my own. 

Finally, here's a thing I didn't say in the video. I've struggled with worrying that if I get diagnosed, I will blame the disorder instead of myself and let that excuse my behavior. I know that's dumb, because if I'm being impaired by something, I should know and take the steps to reduce that impairment. But part of me always wants to believe that I'm strong and smart enough to handle any curve ball I get thrown without letting myself or other people down. 

I think that might be a pretty destructive way to look at it, which is why I'm glad I've allowed myself to get support from friends, family, and professionals over the years. 





adhd, add, attention deficit disroder, attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity, hyperactive, sensory processing disorder, sensory integration dysfunction, personaly disorder, personality disorder, psychology, psychiatry, therapy, ritalin, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, attention disorders, learning disability, learing disabilities, mind, science, education, learning

No comments:

Post a Comment